»

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Graduation was Amazing!!!


I was so blessed to be able to go to Randy's graduation and sit with his family. Graduation is a mark of an end to high school and the start of new beginnings. Randy has come so far. He was a short, spunky kid in first grade and now he is a tall, handsome, smart, funny, compassionate, tough, encouraging, and very loving young man. I did not know how much he would mean to me when I met him when he was just 6 years old. I am sure you all have similar thoughts about our amazing Randy. In some ways, graduation was just like any graduation... Speakers, caps, gowns, etc, but his was a very special night for Randy. He almost did not get to go. He came in on crutches, with his buddy Tyler by his side. Amazing that he did not slip, because the floor was flooded from the down pore earlier in the day, that somehow came into the Pavillion. He sat through the ceremony. Then almost at the end, it was Tyler and Randy's turn. I rushed up to get a good picture but was AMAZED at the response that he got when they called his name. It was not just the clap and cheer, or even a distant horn blowing, but the WHOLE graduating class got on their feet and were cheering as LOUD as they could for Randy!!! It was unforgettable. I caught some of the cheer on video so I hope it comes out ok. It really touched Randy, too. I am pretty sure that I can speak for him on this that he was speechless. Enjoy some great pics of Randy and his loving family. What a great tribute for him. The class of 2009 loves Randy!

They called his name and the crown exploded!

The sweet Bultena Family - Rick and Lenette
Robbie, Randy, and Rachel
Beautiful Rachel trying on Randy's capBrothers Randy and Robbie
Randy and his goofy friend Tyler - what a pal!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome. Thank you! I couldn't wait to get up to see if anything was on here. Thanks so much! Jodi

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! Great video...can't imagine how wonderful that was for you and your friends & family. Congratulations buddy!

- jason oliver

Brandi said...

Wahooo Randy! I wish I could have been there. Jason and I are so proud of you. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

We are soooo insanely proud of you...you have overcome incredible obstacles and have inspired us all. We love you! Congratulations, buddy!

Ryan and Angela